Reddit article- Taxi Drivers, What's The Deepest Secrets You've Heard In Your Car?

 




An 18 year old lad, regular customer, a was stressing over his exam results and told me seriously if he'd failed that his life was over and he would commit suicide.

He was completely serious, apparently his parents had been putting string presure on him. I tried to cheer him up about life and tried to motivate him but he was very much stressed and had no impact of whatever I said. I brought him home and called his father out of the house, by this time the poor lad was in tears.

I said to him that he should tell his dad what he'd told me, by this time the father was distraught. I let them both talk for a bit right there and then the father got him out of the car and brought him inside. The update was  that he told his parents the whole story, they were horrified and got him into therapy.


I've no idea whether he passed the exams or not but I do know he was all right afterwards. I was very shook up about it. The situation could do easily have gone wrong and I take 59 no credit at all. I even met him few days back and he's doing great now.



Another interesting article on an experience of a Taxi/Cab driver .


Post a Comment

0 Comments