Reddit article- 911 Operators, what call scares you the most to this day ?



 Former 911 Operator here,


Sometimes the calls that stick with you aren't the most physically traumatic. I once had a call from a 17 year old kid who came home from a sleepover to find that his mother had moved. Just packed up his sister and everything in the house and left while he was gone

with no forwarding address or information. She also turned off his cell phone that morning so literally the only number he could call was 911. He was trying so hard not to cry and his voice was shaking as he kept apologizing to me for calling 911.



He just didn't know what else to do and had no other family. She also took everything so all he had was a couple of things that he had taken to the friends house. He told me his 18th birthday was in a couple of weeks and he literally had nothing and started to

cry out loud.

The officers that responded took him to a shelter. I think about him often and I hope he's ok. Even if he was a kid who got in trouble or had behavioral issues, I can't imagine coming home to find your mother has abandoned you.

Post a Comment

0 Comments